Friday, July 20, 2012

Class Website

Using google sites, I have created the beginning of a class website I intend on using this next school year.  The website has a home page linking students to the school website, moodle, and grades.  In the sidebar I have placed a countdown to the AP Statistics Test for the students to see when they are on any page in the website (hopefully a strong reminder to the students).

Two other pages it contains are individual pages for my Algebra 2 course and AP Statistics course.  On both of these pages you will find links to the book companion websites, a calendar (linked to a google calendar - one for each class) that I can update, an image of the current textbook, and an area for me to place class announcements.  I included a calendar on each as a way to type in daily homework assignments.  I did not create an area to link worksheets as it is school policy that they must be contained in Moodle (I could always decide later to place them in both if I wanted).  In addition on the statistics page you will find a link to my screencast on creating graphs in excel.  I chose not to embed the screencast to avoid clutter.  It is simply a link for the students which opens in a separate tab.

Another page that I created was a simple page with contact information.  Please click here to view my website!

No comments:

Post a Comment