Friday, July 20, 2012

Concept Maps

Using Bubbl.us a free online concept-mapping creator this is an example of a concept map that students could create and add to in an Algebra 2 course.  This concept map is the start of a summary map of all of the families of functions that we cover in this course.  We create a booklet of all of the families of functions, but students could then make a concept map adding key features to assist in studying the families.

The second concept map that I created is one that I give the students in Geometry when learning the quadrilateral hierarchy.  This map helps them realize the relationship between the quadrilaterals.  We make this concept map after covering and proving the various properties of the quadrilaterals.  Some of the lines connecting the shape are proven by the students within the course.

2 comments:

  1. The subsequent time I learn a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I do know it was my choice to read, however I actually thought youd have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you possibly can repair if you happen to werent too busy looking for attention. best instagram followers at famoid

    ReplyDelete